Applying for the Summer 2017 REVAMP REU Program
The application process for the Summer 2017 REVAMP REU program is expected to open in November of 2016. The deadline to submit the application will most likely be mid-February of 2017. In preparation for submitting an application, please carefully review the application guidelines shown below.
To aid students in considering the program, important application requirements are provided below:
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a STEM undergraduate degree program at their home college or university.
- A minimum GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale is required. A GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale is preferred.
Before you begin your Application
Before you begin your application, we strongly encourage you to:
- Ensure that you meet all application requirements listed above.
- Read through the REVAMP Research Areas page and identify three faculty members that you would be interested in working with during the program. Be prepared to rank your interest in working with the faculty members as you complete your application, and describe why each of their research areas is of interest to you.
- Plan for time to prepare a two-page personal statement essay that describes your current field of study, your interests in advanced manufacturing and entrepreneurship, your expectations from the REVAMP program, and an explanation of how the program will be of benefit to you in your studies and future career plans.
- Obtain an unofficial electronic copy of your transcript to submit with your application.
- Identify three references and ask each if they are willing to submit a one-page memo describing why they believe that you are an excellent fit for this program.